domingo, 10 de marzo de 2013

Families in Venezuela


In Venezuelan society the family and the role played by the mother are essential. Most people tend to live in nuclear families (parents and siblings), although extended relatives (grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins) traditionally live close by. Many families have been separated by migration during the last 10 years, when this happens the majority keep in touch through almost daily letters, phone calls, and e-mails. The majority of children (both male and female) live with their parents until their mid-twenties or until they marry and can move out on their own. It is expected that family members do everything in their power to help and support all family members—help that includes getting each other jobs and making space for them in their own homes.

In my family, we have to live separated for several reasons. My father works in Colombia as an Engineer, my mother lives in Punto Fijo with my brother and sister. I live in Maracaibo most of the time to study at Urbe. I live with Coromoto who is like a second mother to me. I keep in contact with my family mostly by telephone.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario